Fall Fun Festival
Alta Vista Botanical Gardens 2023
Fall Fun Festival will be October 14th, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm!
2023 Fall Fun Festival
Now Accepting Fall Fun Festival Vendors!
Join our celebration! Our 15 th Fall Fun Festival will include the Scarecrow Contest, kids’ crafts and activities, the AVBG GrowGetters Plant Sale, Music by Vic (guitar and song), amazing craft vendors and the Amigos de Vista Lions BBQ lunch….everything will make for a perfect day to share with our neighbors and members. YOU need to be a part of the celebration!
Scarecrow Contest 2023
Create your most creative and fantastic scarecrows
and bring them to the Gardens on
October 13 or 14.
We make it even easier for you – pick up supplies (sticks, head, clothes, stuffing)
on October 7 or October 13 and make your scarecrow at home.
You can also just make your own scarecrow and
bring it to the Festival.
Pick up Supplies & Create your Scarecrow
Come to AVBG to register and pick up the armature, head, and clothes for your scarecrow. Pickup dates are:
October 7, Saturday – 10 am to 2 pm
October 13, Friday – 10 am to 1 pm
- Register for the scarecrow contest at the table and pay $10 deposit per entry.
- Make sure we can read your email and phone number!
- $5 will be refunded when you bring the scarecrow to AVBG for display (see below)
- Choose an armature (sticks), scarecrow clothes, and accessories. Help yourself to accessories and
embellishments. We will hand you a head when you register.
- Take lots of stuffing with you! USE BAGS PACKED WITH STRAW OR NEWSPAPER! Empty soda bottles also work well. We can offer tips and tricks.
- DO NOT STUFF WITH UNBAGGED STRAW OR PAPER!
- You will use your own construction supplies to build your scarecrow and give it character: duct tape,
wire, zip ties, yarn, scissors, and permanent markers.
- DO NOT USE SCREWS OR STAPLES! We do have to take the scarecrows apart a year later!
Delivery & Contest
Bring your scarecrow to AVBG for display and contest judging. Drop off dates are:
October 13, Friday – 10 am to 1 pm
or at the Fall Fun Festival, October 14 – 10 am to Noon
- You will receive a 3×5 registration card with your registration number and a safety pin. Pin this card on your finished scarecrow.
- If not previously registered, you can bring your finished scarecrow and register on those 2 days and pay $5 to enter the contest.
- Attach your finished scarecrow to the fence around the Incredible Edibles garden. Make sure the 3×5
registration card is visible. Scarecrow registration and construction closes at 12 NOON on October 15
and scarecrows must be posted by 12:30 p.m. so judges can choose the winners.
- Winners will be announced at the Festival at 1:30 p.m. and notified by phone or email.
Gift card prizes will be handed or mailed to winners.
Here are last year’s winners!
FIRST PLACE was Cruella Deville by Tabbitha Ellorin, sponsored by Lenore Morines.
SECOND PLACE was Mrs Katie Cat by the Nguyen family, sponsored by Embroidery Image.
THIRD PLACE was Marci Kilian’s S. Burley Crow, sponsored by BEST Pizza.
Winners in the Scarecrow Contest chose from gift card prizes donated by Lamppost Pizza, Little Cakes, and Best Pizza. Thank you for supporting and sponsoring our Scarecrow Contest!
Prizes for the Door Prize Drawing were a Family Membership in AVBG and raffle items. We appreciate your support! – Farmer Jones
Thank You 2022 Sponsors!
We couldn’t put on this free event without the generosity and support of our local business. Here are some of our top sponsors, but there are many many more that help make FFF happen. Check back for more listings or see them at the festival.
And so many more from our local community…